• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Strange codes

My vp is going.I am driving it once in a wile.It surges bad.Today i have dead pedal every 1000 ft.It is giving me 117 and 122.The temp is fine and the apps check out good.( new timbo)Can the vp computer just freak out?The ecm seems fine nothing wierd.Have to park it until i can get new pump.My thinking here is the computer on the vp is trying to get info from the ecm and it does not compute because it is bad. What strange codes did you ever here of with a bad vp.Thanks.

• Owner

Here is the VP44 error codes I could fine... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/vp44-replace/vp44-error.htm But there is always the rare case the VP44 is going nuts... Now as for the error codes you might double check the P0122 code... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/apps/apps-codes.htm The P0117 is ECT sensor volts are low. Is there a broken wire? :shrug:

Thanks this will help.I will start testing.

---------- Post added 05-15-2010 at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-14-2010 at 08:44 PM ----------

Well it failed step 4.It has 4 ohms.I just dont see it.How can a wire 2 ft long covered wire go bad?When i removed ecm nut was loose.? I did drive it cold no code but it surges still.I am going to feel like the worlds biggest fool if i get a pump and it still does this.

i have read where people have surging problems(always seems like autos) and it and the APPS being the culprit. my first thought was "does he have his timboAPPS setup up correctly?", but after looking it up. 117 is "Engine coolant temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage"i would try to eliminate wiring problem before throwing big money at the problem

• Owner

i have read where people have surging problems(always seems like autos) and it and the APPS being the culprit. my first thought was "does he have his timboAPPS setup up correctly?", but after looking it up. 117 is "Engine coolant temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage"

i would try to eliminate wiring problem before throwing big money at the problem

Yeap... :iagree:

It has 4 ohms and needs 5 or more.I cleaned the ecm contacts.I will try again after church.It is the blue/black from the back of the apps going to ecm.

---------- Post added 05-16-2010 at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-15-2010 at 09:16 PM ----------

I cleared the codes.What i am going to do is drive it again and see if the codes are in the ecm and pcm.The testing sheet you gave me says in the first step to see if the code is in both.I dont know because i cleared them.So i really dont know what step go to.