• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Gauge connection for 01

• 3 months later...

Do you have to use a snubber valve when putting it on the bottom of the canister? I using a electonic gauge.. Is it better to put it on the fuel filter canister or put it on the injection pump?? THANKS

I wanna know this too, I dont have a big line kit from the filter to vp but I hooked my gauge to the filter housing like the above pic. It has 17-18 at idle and 15-16 at WOT but I wonder if it drops lower at the pump? Also, does the banjo bolt that you use to hook the line to the filter housing also work on the vp?

• Owner

Do you have to use a snubber valve when putting it on the bottom of the canister?

Yes. Waterhammer radiates from the VP44 and will deminish over distance of the line but we are talking several feet of line not inches. Like here at my house if I close the ball valve on the irriagtion line to quickly the water hammer pulse runs over 100 feet up hill before it stops. But my example I taking much higher pressure and much more flow.

I using a electonic gauge.. Is it better to put it on the fuel filter canister or put it on the injection pump?? THANKS

Yes farther from the source of water hammer (VP44) the better for the life of the gauge.

I wanna know this too, I dont have a big line kit from the filter to vp but I hooked my gauge to the filter housing like the above pic. It has 17-18 at idle and 15-16 at WOT but I wonder if it drops lower at the pump??

More than likely Yes! Any kind of line restriction (size reduction) will cause a choke point and reduce pressure.

Also, does the banjo bolt that you use to hook the line to the filter housing also work on the vp?

I'm pretty sure it would... But the only way to find out is to pull the current banjo and measure and try it.

I found out I could not fit the taped banjo bolt,snubber, and sending unit on the bottom of the fuel filter canister. But now I know why my FP gauge has gone crazy. I didnt think i needed it on the fuel filter canister. any suggestion on how to fit all the required parts to the canister?? Thanks

i got a part from vulcan.com that is a 90 degree elbow with a 1/4" drilled and tapped for the sneding unit to go into.and that 90 is ran into the injection pump and the sending unit is right there.p.s.i. monitored right as it is going into the pump!:thumbup2:

i have the same thing. came on the big line kit(from canister to VP44). i have the tapped 90* on the VP44(since my canister has ports), but you could swap it around and put it on the canister. either way it is after the filter