• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
tonyjsan

Socket size front hub nut 2wd

I've had a front bearing go out on my way home from my summer Campground host job, new hubs ordered.

My question, what is the socket size for front hub nut? Searches have shown all kinda sizes mostly for 4wd, of 1 11/16, 43mm etc.

I will need to buy a socket, largest I have is 1 1/2 and it's to small.

Just dart over to Harbor Freight and pick up a set of sockets from 1 to 2 inch. Then get a 3/4" ratchet and a 3/4 to 1" adapter. You'll be set. I've got the exact setup here and now you can do more than just the hub nut. How about hitch ball nuts, etc. Really handy to have at least this set. 

Boy I hate to say it, but after all the monkeying around with greasing my wheel bearings, it seems to be grouling more and more now and my abs keeps coming and going. Wired thing is they feel tite and smove when rotating tire on jack stand. :shrug:

Maybe just tire noise