• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another Million mile Dodge to the record books...

I posted a link to a Duracrap owner on the Tractor forum, that said Dodges are unreliable and fall apart. He has never responded to the link, but he swears a V8 Diesel is just as good and long lasting as an Inline. :lmao:

I posted a link to a Duracrap owner on the Tractor forum, that said Dodges are unreliable and fall apart. He has never responded to the link, but he swears a V8 Diesel is just as good and long lasting as an Inline. :lmao:

i have found most people's definition of "a good vehicle" is the interior and if it can make it to 200k... the world now treat cars/trucks like computers and cell phones. "I don't need to know how or why it works, only how to turn it on and operate it." i cannot think of anyone in my family and close circle of friends that drive a stick(other than my wife, we have 4 of'em). of those people only one ,maybe two, actually change their automatic transmission fluid per manufacture's spec(or ever). :lmao2: i have come to realize that with V6s and V8s...most people don't realize a head gasket is going until they've warped the head(s)....:mad:

• Owner

i have found most people's definition of "a good vehicle" is the interior and if it can make it to 200k... the world now treat cars/trucks like computers and cell phones. "I don't need to know how or why it works, only how to turn it on and operate it." i cannot think of anyone in my family and close circle of friends that drive a stick(other than my wife, we have 4 of'em). of those people only one ,maybe two, actually change their automatic transmission fluid per manufacture's spec(or ever). :lmao2: i have come to realize that with V6s and V8s...most people don't realize a head gasket is going until they've warped the head(s)....:mad:

Oh so very true... My first truck I had in Idaho is a 1972 Dodge PowerWagon 3/4 Ton. I managed to put over 202K miles on it before I gave up on the truck. I bought it with just about 70K miles... But it had a broken piston ring and a few other minor problems. I pulled the engine and rebuilt it myself. When I gave up on the beast... The interior was complete shot. But the engine and trans still kept going the proble I had was I was breaking outer axle stubs (4WD and early 72 axle will just being discontinued). It a poor pic but... (really good truck I really do miss it!) http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1073 http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1072