• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil spill...

I don't think that is fair... A oil company makes a mistake (because of their greed) and we got to pay for it...:mad:

Isn't that life :shrug: The rich do what they want and make more and more money, when something goes wrong, the poorer people pay for it!

I am sure the oil company is not happy about this, and I doubt they want it to ever happen again. America was founded on risks and mistakes. I agree this is a big mess and a problem. Of course now the politicians are gonna jump all over this, and we are going to pay for the reform. All DC is doing is pointing fingers instead of helping get this stopped. Sort of like the flood in Louisiana. They were more worried about blame, then the were about the victims.

• Owner

The part that got me upset is the fact I see the wave coming to Idaho already... We are at $3.409 to $3.609 a gallon for diesel fuel. I'm sure a lot of you will chime in with much lower prices... But the fact remains that BP will lean on all the other oil industry and Big Gov't to help clean it up in return the price of diesel will go through the roof... (Again)... I think its BP problem... BP should clean it up.. BP mess should not effect the price of fuel... It other word I know just because of this mess I'm going to pay for the clean up by see a huge increase in fuel cost again... Just wrong...

The huge oil spill has so far cost BP - which is in charge of the clean-up operation - $450m (£300m).

The total bill could be as high as $20bn (£13.6bn), analysts say.

"Estimates run from between $3bn to $20bn. Certainly, there's the clean-up costs.

"And the associated lawsuits, which at this stage looks like it could be one of the largest class actions in US history", oil analyst Greg Smith of stock market research house Fat Prophets told the BBC.

"From our point of view, we would think somewhere mid-range - around the $10bn mark," he adds.

oil companies are big business, we will pay one way or another.