• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Hey I might of hit close to you guys problem... Another member was talking about Trans swaps... I just found a tidbit for you JL...

the ecm on the manuals have anti-stall turned on, while the autos ecm has it disabled

This might be you problem the ECM is from a Auto and the anti-stall is DISABLED... The flash might be your trick... :thumbup2:

i was thinking the guy who's truck dies as it goes into D...he needs it turned on so it won't die...but seriously, i heard this from guys going from manual to auto trans...if they didn't swap the ecm then the could hardly bring the truck to a stop(the anti-stall keeps fueling and you have to brake over the motor fueling)

• Owner

i was thinking the guy who's truck dies as it goes into D...he needs it turned on so it won't die...but seriously, i heard this from guys going from manual to auto trans...if they didn't swap the ecm then the could hardly bring the truck to a stop(the anti-stall keeps fueling and you have to brake over the motor fueling)

Yea but if you stuck a Auto ECM in a Manual truck then there is no idle governor set for it so hence the idle would fall rapidily and be loppy becuase there nothing to pull it back up. More I think about JL I would go for the dealer flash more. Because the fact the Smarty will follow what all ready on the ECM so it will noe enable that switch for you. So I would contact a dealer and ask for a reflash with the correct software...:thumbup2:

Just got out of dealer had reflashed and no help, still surging. Girl that works there got me over to the side ( thought she was hitting on me lmao) she said guy down the road was the best diesel machinc in country. Turns out she is his girl friend and sending the hard to fix jobs his way. He swaers up and down it is the airdog, pressure and no voleum. I dont know what is to hot for the vp but just came back about 30 mile and I put my hand on it and could hold it there for a long time 30 sec.

• 1 month later...