• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 cruise control

My truck is a 2002 with a manual six speed transmission.  I am not sure if your '01 truck will be the same.  The wiring diagram for my truck shows that the ECM supplies the "speed control switch signal" and the PCM handles "sensor ground" and "speed control supply".

I know that some of the circuit has to pass through the clutch switch and brake switch, as well.  I would check these two areas first.  The only problem I ever had with my cruise control was a broken power supply wire in a panel just below the steering wheel which was an easy fix. The broken wire was caused by lots of use of the tilt steering wheel.   In my case I had code "0577 - cruise control switch voltage high" set.    

Do you have any codes set?

Hope this helps.

- John

Thanks for the input I will check down there because come to think of it now that you mention the circuit runs through the clutch and brake is well my brake controller has also been goofy lately  and  it's pigtail runs down under the dash in plugs in under there it could be I have some wires that have either become pinched or chafed and shorted causing both problems didn't put the two together until now also I have not checked for codes yet

• Like 1