• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Cant Start My Engines!! Help Please

Eliecerserrano

Good afternoon everybody

i have 2 engines 

the first is a 1998.5 cummins 24vl w/o trasmission with harness

the secound is a 2000 cummins 24vl with trasnsmission  w/o harness 

both are on the ground im plannig to put in my 2003 ford f250 

my question is 

1: i can start the engine (2000) with the harness of the 1998.5?

2: i need the fuse box to start the engine?

3: the sensors need the connection to start the engine?

Remember......i dont have a fuse box

when i buy the guy say he need so i cant get 

i have some colors from the harness...in a video on youtube they say they can start the engine just with 6 cables from the harness to the possitive on the battery

green black 

orange black

brown white

red black

red white

red green

and this is the video 

Thanks in advance 

im from panama by the way so its really hard to find somebody who can deal with my engines

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-25 at 8.12.48 PM.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpg

Edited by Eliecerserrano

the ford fuse box is not with the engine just imagine i have the 2 engines with harness but i dont have fuse box i try many times to start  just with the 6 cables to the battery

the fuel pump work and the vp44 click 

so that tell me maybe he is right..... the pump send diesel to the injectors but i feel i miss something like when you turn the key to start something like that 

i know i dont have any other cable from the inside 

:cel:

• Owner

As for starting these engines you'll need to reprime the fuel system which is most likely got air in the system. So bleed the fuel lines to the VP44 and crack open 1,3,4 injection lines and crank till fuel sprays good or just about starts. Tighten then fire it up. As long as the grid heaters are disconnected you could give it a "very very small spray" of starting fluid to help it along.

when i crank the return line just give me in about 1 min just like 10 drops

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Little trick to bypass all the sensors, ECM and everything. Basically you want to supply power to the VP44 pump alone. It will start and idle only. 

https://www.bluechipdiesel.com/troubleshooting.html

thank you for all your help i hope i can try tomorrow i let you know if this work now im going to read 

• Haha 1

i have good news today i try to start the engine and yep its alive!!!

the cables on the harness to start are

red/green

red/white

tan/red

i connect the electric pump directly to the battery 

here is the video of the old engine tomorrow i try with the other engine 

WhatsApp Video 2018-01-05 at 1.57.06 PM.mp4

now i need to find the cables of the throttle pedal position because the gas pedal or the cable pedal dont work 

Edited by Eliecerserrano
  • Like 1