• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I just got in and it's 1:00 am. Worked 9 hr today then put new set of rotors and pads on, then pulled vp and swaped the last one they sent due to the second one was a little better. That is a sad statement. Emailed Chip at Blue Chip diesel and he came back saying they have less than 2% come backs on there vp's. Does anyone here have any dealings with them?Later Man

No problem there, I was shocked how little trash is piched up and caught in my filters. I have dumped them in clean jars and there might be 1/2 dozen little pieces in there.Well I swaped vp's and there is some diff. in the two. The second pump surges a little less than the third pump. I called BD and he claims they are going to put it on his personal truck and try it out and see what it does on his truck. What do you think the verdict will be? I am just getting the run around.

I got a vp from Mr. Chip had it for a year now has worked good till now and he has given me good service since the beginning and lots of info. The only thing that happen to me was that when I got mine I didnt get the instructions so I didnt read the part were your not suppose to tap the pump on the wire. So I emailed him and he responded that it could void the warranty and I explained to him that I never recived the instructions and he said that if the time came of applying the warranty he was going to try his best to get it covered so that's my story with Blue Chip.

I got a vp from Mr. Chip had it for a year now has worked good till now and he has given me good service since the beginning and lots of info. The only thing that happen to me was that when I got mine I didnt get the instructions so I didnt read the part were your not suppose to tap the pump on the wire. So I emailed him and he responded that it could void the warranty and I explained to him that I never recived the instructions and he said that if the time came of applying the warranty he was going to try his best to get it covered so that's my story with Blue Chip.

After a year the warranty is up. Looks like you made it. JL, did you ever consider you might have a problem out side the VP that is causing you problem, and even VP failures? Like ECM or wiring? You put in 1/2 a dozen, and you always have the same symptom? Or do you really have a dark cloud that follows you around?

I lucked out and my VP threw a P0216 code about 2 weeks before the end of the 5 yr./100K warranty. I had the dealer replace it and my share of the cost was about $135. It has been working good since then. I just have the Edge and F1 Mach 1.6 injectors installed. The mechanic did a real clean and nice install. I could hardly tell he had been under the hood except for the tamper tape on the injector pump plug being torn. Mine has been running for almost 3 years since replacement and still running strong.