• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Word of thanks and some questions

Recently I purchased a mopar1973man High idle kit for my truck. I must say I'm pretty pleased with the design and all! Id like to say thank you to @Mopar1973Man and @Me78569 for their time and investment to produce the switches. I do have  a couple questions... 1. Apparently there is a delay from when you switch to high idle till the time it actually starts to high idle? 2. When switching from Off position  to MPG position my truck engine skipped a beat and did a pretty good miss. Is this normal?  Heres a few side notes. The only good place I could find to route the harness thru the firewall was thru the hole that the hood latch cable goes thru. But the switch would not fit in the hole! All you have to do is get a utility knife with a sharp blade and round off the corners of the plug and try to fit it thu until it goes. I shaved a fair amount off but not enough to hurt anything or cause any issues. Secondly ill post a picture of the location of my switch. I really like the location because thres no chance of bumping your knee against the switch and breaking it or something.... 

l.jpg

• Owner
9 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

1. Apparently there is a delay from when you switch to high idle till the time it actually starts to high idle?

Normal to have a lag of about 2 minutes till it starts this just ensures the engine is lubed up before placing a load on it. 

2. When switching from Off position  to MPG position my truck engine skipped a beat and did a pretty good miss. Is this normal? 

Normal. When making a change that wide across the temperature range the timing map is altered so it skips a beat kind of. 

The only good place I could find to route the harness thru the firewall was thru the hole that the hood latch cable goes thru.

Typically people slit the rubber boot on the wiring boo and come through that bulkhead connector. Never thought to use the hood cable hole.

As for location mine is hidden in the pouch near the passenger side. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Normal to have a lag of about 2 minutes till it starts this just ensures the engine is lubed up before placing a load on it. 

Normal. When making a change that wide across the temperature range the timing map is altered so it skips a beat kind of. 

Typically people slit the rubber boot on the wiring boo and come through that bulkhead connector. Never thought to use the hood cable hole.

As for location mine is hidden in the pouch near the passenger side. 

Do you have a pic of the location? I didn't think about slitting a hole in that spot. The spot your thinking is where the big thick wire harness goes thru the firewall  right? I'm glad to hear that those things I mentioned are normal! :thumbup2:

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll have to wait till sunrise to get a photo of my location. Just walk out and plugged in the truck damn cold morning at 17*F without grid heater it's not going to fire up very easy. 

Lol it is -4 F this morning here. I'm glad my truck is in the warm garage. When running the plug thru the firewall I was thinking to myself that there had to be another location to route it thru but I couldn't see any easy place to do so. Would you mind adding to the install instructions and mentioning where you would route the harness thru the firewall? I also forgot to mention that if anyone wants to mount there switch where I did you will not be able to utilize the sticker... I didn't feel it was neccasary to use it but that's just me haha. :wink: