• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok fellows pulled hose of my turbo check it no in and out slack but up and down seems 1-4 inch found a garret 54 trim 0.60 turbo used for 300 bucks will it work on this 5.9 with 4 inch exhaust and 50hp injectors ez chip fass pump no nothing about turbos if not wheres ben place to buy one or info thanks.

A quick search of the info you gave on the Garrett turbo returned a majority of turbos suited for cars. So without an actual model number off the Garrett, I wouldn't use it.  I'm also wary of Cardone, purely because they supply parts stores with remanufactured turbos and charge 1k for them.

As for your current turbo, 1/4" is a lot of radial play, but if there is 0 axial play and the compressor wheel isn't hitting the housing, its OK to run. My suggestion would be to pick up a good used genuine holset turbo (can be found on Facebook for $300 or less), or if you're adventurous, try rebuilding it yourself. 

• Like 1

Do you have larger injectors? If not, is going to be laggy. A 62 mm is usually a good first turbo upgrade for those looking for more power. A 62 can be run with stock injectors, but it is also laggy. 

Edited by trreed