• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally took the ACT

ISX

I never took it in HS and never really wanted to take it but my sister is almost done with HS and she pretty well forced me into taking it the same time she did. I screwed up on the first 3 parts.English I started writing the answers in the book because I spent to much time going back and forth between book and answer sheet, so I would get a page done and then transfer all my answers, she called time when I was just about to transfer my last 10 answers :banghead: Math I got mad at a question and wanted to figure it out since it kinda pertained to my big spreadsheet on diesel engines, spent all my time on that one so I didn't even look at 10 questions, so they were blank too.Reading, why bother. I am such a slow reader there was no way I was going to even put a dent in it so I just filled in circles. Science, yeah I actually got that done :lol:So now you can all see how dumb I am :neutral: Mom thinks I should take it again and not screw up again but it's 4 hours long and I actually took a relabeled "ACT" test at the end of april that they called the CAAP test which was exactly the same. Never got the results back for that one, probably threw it away so I wouldn't ruin the college's reputation lol.I think it would be fine to take it again and get done and see what I really know, but you all know how long it takes me just to air up a tire so unless they remove the time limit, I'm not gonna take it again.

post-45-138698165965_thumb.jpg

It's kind of weird how it's set up. Writing is basically just checking over a sentence and they give you options of how to reword it or you pick no change. Math is, well thats obvious lol.Reading I thought was the same as writing except you changed paragraph placing instead of wording and maybe answered a few of what it was about, but you had to know what it was about to know where to put the paragraphs. Science was actually just reading a graph, though it was big worded charts like formulas and a lot of stuff to throw you off, but one section was a biodiesel mix chart or something so I had no problem understanding that whole page lol.

That's not bad, especially if you lost out on 10 answers. You want to score as high as you can, colleges and scholarship funds like to see a score of 29 and higher if you want to get your choice of school and scholarship money. My oldest daughter took the ACT 4 times. Each time she would score 1 point higher. She finally called it quits at a score of 28. She still got quite a few scholarships. One of her friends scored a 33 and got a full ride scholarship to Vanderbilt. Hang in there! I know taking these tests REALLY sucks but if you can get your scores up a lot higher, it will really help you out in the long run.

I'm actually almost done with college so not sure why she even wanted me to take it. I didn't think it was that hard at all but more just tedious. Like one question has an answer that is just a hairline away from being another answer. The math wasn't even that hard but there was stuff I had just never seen. I didn't think reading or writing was hard at all, I just read so slow it's not even worth my time to try, most of the time had flew by before I even got one read so I was like uhhh yeah, this isn't gonna happen lol. I just thought it was really interesting how it was set up, seemingly easy yet tediously hard. As for your daughter, my sister did the same thing. This was her second time and she got one better. I think you just start to figure out the tedious things and are able to do better each time. What's really interesting is me and her got polar opposite scores. I got 92 in science, she got 38, that little subscore 9% i got in reading, she got a 92.

post-45-13869816603_thumb.jpg