• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone seen tis or have one?

I was thinking it looks like a good alternative to the three pillar and the blind spot it creates. Only thing I don't like is if one part of the gauge quits then you have to replace the whole thing

They gauge is all solid state electronics, there is no movement, I doubt it would break. If they lowered the pressure down for fuel pressure it would be nice, 150 psi is way out of range, unless you want to use it for oil pressure?

That's what I thought... * Boost * EGT * Oil Pressure But for 1 gauge at that price naw... I still rather have separate gauges... The digital part is probaly really slow updating like Edge with Juice or my ScanGauge II... Analog Mechanical Gauges are the best bar none...

My LED gauges update instantly, as fast as the sender tells them too? My boost pyro seems to update fast, and fuel pressure moves just as fast as the mechanical gauge. No delay on the GS gauges.

The only benefit I see with analog gauges is the fact that you can judge *rate*. You can watch the needle fly up or down, with digital you can watch it, but it's not as easy to tell. Like EGT takes seconds to go from 800 to 1200 if I floor it, and I want to see that rate. If I add a 23443" exhaust, I want to see that the rate slowed down so I know the exhaust or whatever mod, helped it.Otherwise, I think it looks pretty neat! :thumb1:

That's what I thought... * Boost * EGT * Oil Pressure But for 1 gauge at that price naw... I still rather have separate gauges... The digital part is probaly really slow updating like Edge with Juice or my ScanGauge II... Analog Mechanical Gauges are the best bar none...

my fuel psi gauge uses a digital sender even though its an analog gauge. it moves very quickly at WOT so I do not see a problem there. some digital gauges use a concept of polling or averaging over time which is what makes them move slower. i have seen digital displays jump numbers very quickly in other applications, take a fathometer on a ship as an example. gets a bit scary seeing the numbers go from 20 fathoms to 0 instantly when your on a deep draft ship pulling into port.

The only benefit I see with analog gauges is the fact that you can judge *rate*. You can watch the needle fly up or down, with digital you can watch it, but it's not as easy to tell. Like EGT takes seconds to go from 800 to 1200 if I floor it, and I want to see that rate. If I add a 23443" exhaust, I want to see that the rate slowed down so I know the exhaust or whatever mod, helped it. Otherwise, I think it looks pretty neat! :thumb1:

Mine has a standard pyro probe, it just gets converted at the digital gauge. All they are is basically an electric power pile, same thing a gas millivolt circuit would use. So I would say electric to a digital gauge should be right on. I have the Glow Shift gauges, so far so good, but if the fail, I am going all mechanical.

They gauge is all solid state electronics, there is no movement, I doubt it would break. If they lowered the pressure down for fuel pressure it would be nice, 150 psi is way out of range, unless you want to use it for oil pressure?

Ok, here's where I sound stupid..well actually I am, but anyway..:lmao:, lower the pressure down for fuel? If it's a digital read out how could it be to high to register fuel pressure? Won't it read what it is normally?

Ok, here's where I sound stupid..well actually I am, but anyway..:lmao:, lower the pressure down for fuel? If it's a digital read out how could it be to high to register fuel pressure? Won't it read what it is normally?

well in a digital readout its not an issue as to what psi its capable of reading but in an analog the sweep from 0 - 150 is so large that the needle would barely move vs a gauge that only sweeps between 0 - 30 psi

yea I understand that part of it, but this guage has the fuel psi in digital so that shouldn't be an issue should it :shrug:

Actually, mine goes up to 145 PSI, and it is accurate. I tested pressure with a mechanical gauge and they matched. http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/blue-digital-fuel-pressure-gauge.aspx BTW, if you buy from them, buy the wiring extension, the wire is kind of short :mad: