• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 dodge 3500 4x4 having electrical problems

my truck will not start sometimes,just crank over. i have fuel pressure, 5 minutes later it starts fine.i thout it was the vtss but since i am sure its not.now it shuts off going down the road.after reading mopar mans threads and talking to him im thinking the ecm. i did the key trick and i got the pdone only once, so i dont think the ecm is communicating with the pcm/community network.thanks mopar man for the help yesterday!:thumbup2: does anyone have any suggestions because im good at the mechanical aspects but know just enough with the electrical system to get lost.thanks for your help!:pray::banghead:

WOW, this sound like something i had. It took me two weeks to find. I even took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a bad ECM. Look at your #9 engine fuse inside the cab, mine had a hair line crack, and some times it would work and sometimes not. Just Change out your engine fuse to eliminate that problem.

This probably will not make much difference but have you tried checking all of the ground ties and then removing power from both batteries to the truck system? I am going on the presumption that you have already either replace or verified the fuses and relays are good.

hey guys, ihave checked my fuses and grounds,swapped relays but the new relay still gets hot. i have realized that the one pdone is normal for a 2000.i am in the process of checking the wiring harness. any ideas about straight wiring the ip & lift pump. thanks for any and all help!:pray::banghead::cry::mad:

well i think i may have found the problem. the connection above the engine with the white snap on it, the snap wasnt snapped all the way. its been raining here so i went out in the cow pasture and did donuts for 20-30 minutes and no shut off, so i drove down the dirt road for several miles and no problem.i do want to add that all the relays get hot in my truck. thanks for all the help, and i will be keeping my fingers crossed.:pray::pray::pray: