• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Random Bucking

Hey all, I have been fighting a random bucking problem in my truck for about a year now. It will buck in any gear and at any throttle, even at just idle. It acts like the motor just shuts down and then insantly starts back up. I have done an APPS reset several times and it always seems to fix the problem for a week or two, and then it comes back just like before. Some days it won't even do it, and then sometimes it will be almost impossible to drive for a few minutes. No codes, and I have 13 psi FP all the time and the VP is only like 2 years old. From what I have read, this is not typical APPS failure behavior, but the reset always seems to help??? Any ideas...I almost want to buy a Timbo just to check but i dont know... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well all my grounds that I could check looked good, so I bit the bullet and ordered a Timbo Apps. No more symptoms. Bucking, dead pedal, not starting and then starting....all gone. Easy install directions from Timbo, and the pics from Mopar1973Man brought it all together. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1