• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I pulled the tranny on a 2004 4x4 yesturday

I'm helping do work at a friends Trans shop.

Im getting "practice" pulling CTD 4x4 transmissions :lol3:

Took me from about 2 + hours to get it out. My first time on one of these

Second gear band was either broken or completely worn out.

I'll find out this morning what else is wrong with it

The owner had those locking front hub spindle kit installed, Yukon IIRC, and it had a red head steering box, steering brace, and new one piece tie rod installed

THe owner brought in what he says is a ATS triple disc TC he wants install. It looks used or has been sitting round for years.??? No box and the TC is bare metal with surface rust on it, not painted. Maybe ATS's come unpainted??

We told him no , but he insisted. He is getting No warranty on his trans.

Wow !

Edited by GSP7

I got it installed and running this morning. Trans works good , his ats TC locks up a little hard

They guy had been out slinging mud, There was dried caked mud between the trans and the transfer case  and the cross member was full of dried mud and rocks. I had to clean all that dried dirt out