• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CTM (Central Timer Module) problem

Order details 

Estimated delivery Tuesday, Jul 31, 2018
56045202AA 1998 Dodge Ram 4X4 Body Control Module Central Timer Module BCM CTM
Item price    $54.99
Quantity    1
Item number    253221863960
Shipping service    USPS Parcel Select Ground

Edited by Chris O.

The ctm that is connected at the moment is out of my 3500 so of no real relevance to what needs to be enabled/disabled on a replacement ctm. I'm of the thinking that the less thats enabled means less  to go wrong.

As long as fob unlocks/locks doors, interior curtesey light just basics really. Don't need alarm or panic,don't need rolling locks,

That is great. Do you want me to paypal cost of the ctm ?:thumb1:

• 1 month later...

All good thanks to Chris. Replacement CTM arrived last week, was in the country the week before but customs are not known for rushing, 2 new batteries fitted to truck, CTM working perfectly,  Chris even got me a spare remote, fitted the CTM I was using back into my 3500 today,  had most of the morning today on faults with the rest of the truck (2500), previous owners attempt at reverse lights was blowing  the rear sidelight fuse, pretty sure you guys call them "park lights". here we cannot have the rear lights standard as we have to have orange indicators so we use orange bulbs in the 2 reverse light holders and wire them to the indicator feed as we also can't have flashing red lights to the rear, I'm sure there is a year cutoff but I'd say 50's or 60's be ok but not 1998. So our reverse lights are a bolt on which most are poor installations, previous fool done my 2500 with telephone /network wire, not very flexible or strong hence the blowing fuses as the supply for the reverse light relay had been piggybacked off of the supply to the light switch for the rear lights, One job fixed and one more added to the list, when I bought it in January this year it was a dog, 3 brakes were sticking badly, lights not working, door locks not working, seatbelt light on, throttle pedal codes, no fuel filter fitted at all, but for less than 100 miles, now Cat filter head and filter, soon to go full Cat water trap filter , I bought it because I have a 3500 4x4 petrol which I don't use so had a full truck of parts except engine/trans and also I used to be the UK dealer for FBO Systems in Oregon which specializes in Mopar so I have a pile of parts for the 3500, I probably have 100 sets of front brake pads 50 caliper pistons, calipers,  caliper seal kits (don't ask why :)) so brakes took me a day... no cost

I have now got it to the point where a couple of tiny faults and it's all good, reverse lights are one and seatbelt light on is the other.

Then the work starts.

Again.... big thanks to Chris O and this forum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1