• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

advice on rv or 5th wheel

24 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That is big even for here.  Mine is 27.5' (8.4m) from king pin to back bumper and I have trouble fitting in nation park campgrounds.

Yeah, even here up north National park campgrounds are extremely dated and mostly not suitable for anything over 25 ft. I've gotten myself into some tight situations and I'm only around 27.5 at the most from ball to bumper (bumper pull).

• 2 weeks later...

Well arrived at the site after getting lost around Reading,  site is more for EU camper stuff NOT ours. Rather tight to get in. Right next to a huge lake and it's pissin it down. Truck ran perfect lots of power on lvl 3 of 14 on a tow tune,had to really baby the power in lockup oh well trans needed. Geez what a difference 5th to bumper pull

My wife Jo has a question, the bed in our 5th is a smidgen shorter than a Uk bed.... fair enough..... how come most of the light switches are close to 8ft off of the floor. Do you guys sleep like grasshoppers ?

Edited by wil440

• Staff
56 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Do you guys sleep like grasshoppers ?

More like rabbits.  

1 hour ago, wil440 said:

how come most of the light switches are close to 8ft off of the floor.

I have a couple like that in the main area but there is a master switch under an overhead wall cupboard that can be used also to operate them.   5th wheels have a higher ceiling/roof line because of those 2-3 steeps to go up to the bedroom.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IBMobile said:

How about adding a pull chain switch? 

Thats what it needs. :thumb1: I'll be looking for a very small cord switch when I get back. Suns out.. no rain, overlooking a lake drinking a beer. Off to the south  coast tomorrow