• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dtc code=#215 & #237

I just replaced my VP pump & also replaced the "CAM SENSOR" because it was easily to get to with VP Pump OFF, now the Engine idle's up & down meaning it rolls up and back at random varying about 150-200 RPM's. I checked the voltage on APPS and got 0.315; my voltage is stamped on white tag on rear of APPS is 0.448 so i reset voltage to 0.448.. Re-Calberated the Apps sensor by Disconnected the Batt terminals and reconnecting then pressing the fuel pedal down and back slowly...still does it PULLED DTC CODE'S #237 & #215 I think the #237 is from having the map sensor un-plugged when i first started the engine...not surebut the #215 i dont have a clue.... would bad or incorrect cam sensor cause this????? or what about VPplease help ...Thank you in advance!!Richie

• Owner

Got you covered... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/vp44-replace/vp44-error.htm DTC P0215: FUEL INJECTION PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT Description Information for when fuel injection pump control circuit is monitored and conditions required for DTC to be stored are not available from manufacturer. Possible causes are: defective fuel pump relay, defective Engine Control Module (ECM), or defective connectors or wiring.

Just wanted to subscribe to this thread to follow what the solution is. Have you made any headway yet?

LIVEOAK No, so far this think has got me stumped...have checked all ground wires, from Batt. to Motor Block, from Motor block to frame & small Ground lead from Batt. to fender... reset APPS voltage to0.448 which is what is on whit sticker on back of APPS sensor, still idles up & Down at random.. ALSO I HAVE FOUND THAT SOMETIMES WHEN YOU SHIFT TO REVERSE FROM NUETRAL THE ENGINE WILL STALL OR DIE..

UI still think the P0215 code is your issue here being the VP44 electronic might be bad...

Think i found my problem"LOOSE BOLT ON ECM" one closest to motor. It wasn't to the point of falling out, i would say it was a little more than finger tight. tighten it up and so far she's smooth as silk.... Knock on wood:whistle2::whistle2:

I dont Know..but it sure not the way i had if figured in my head either...When i installed My VP i made a nice little bracket for the fuel line which had been agervating me sence i put on the "Big line Kit notched the bracket, loosened the bolt at ecm and slid it behind it, & tighten it down, didn't think it would be that any problem....& it wasn't loose to the point of moving just guess that Alum brkt. messed up the torgue..when i put my socket on it i could feel it was not tight, removed the piece and retightned and so far it is smooth:ahhh:

Now that a new twist on this whole thing... I wonder if the ECM is groung through the case of it???:shrug:

The ECU's on the GE T700, T701, and T701C turboshaft engines I used to work on were not only grounded through the case, they had woven stainless strap grounds as well IIRC. In both, the engine and frame are the primary source of ground so it would seem logical for the Cummins ECM to be grounded through the case. I sure hope you checked the other fasteners holding the ECM to the engine block. They could be loose or may not have a good, clean solid ground connection. IF in fact this one loose fastener fixed the problem, you may want to go back when you have some time and remove the ECM and clean up the area where it is fastened to the engine block to ensure an absolute solid reliable ground.

The cause of this im pretty sure it was my loosening the bolt to slide the bracket behind it..either the alum. brkt. interupted the ground or kept it from proper torque. see link above.. did check the other bolt on other side,,it was tight.

Richie