• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intermittent power and tach loss.

Hey guys, my name is Kerry and I have a '99 Dodge Ram 3500 2wd. I'm having a problem with the tach dropping off and the truck loses power. It last for a few minutes then everything starts working again but sometimes the tach will act erratically and the truck will start missing. If anyone can give me an idea of what to check or do to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I totally understand all about bad sensor and all other electrical components coming out of the box bad and everything, been working on heavy duty trucks for years. Just heard something about a possible tone ring issue and wanted to talk to the ones that have been around the smaller cummins engines and might know the exact issue I'm dealing with. Thanks again for all the information and help.