• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

white01

injectors with connector tubes

white01    0
white01

is it a must or a preference to install new connector tubes when installing a new set of injectors?yes there is a cost involved..but i am thinking it is a must..may i have your :2cents: please?:thumbup2:thank ya for your time...fixin' to take kids to the pool...back after awhile.

LiveOak    71
LiveOak

We we installed the Mach 1.6 injectors we did not replace the tubes. No leaks. Knocking on wood. :pray:

SASQCH    0
SASQCH

Only on the early 98.5 engines below a certain serial number (don't have it handy) was it mandatory to replace the injector tubes. On those engines the tubes would not reseal properly. So unless the tubes are damaged (seating surfaces scratched or deformed) you should not need to replace them.

Mopar1973Man    3,795
Mopar1973Man

Like Jim said there is no reason to change the connector tubes unless they are damaged. Now if the injectors have been in there a long time it might be a good idea to change the O-rings on the connector tubes for safety sake...