• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tappet cover gasket

if i could convince someone to give me 20 hrs on the pushrod cover i could take the rest of the week off. but until then 5 hr. flag time plus parts, very simple and straight forward job. only done 2 in the last three years they dont leak that often sorry for your luck man.

The ones that you did where the gaskets broken? My was broken in two places looked like the gasket had shrunk one spot on top was 1/8 open the other on the bottom about a 1/4" open. Do you remember what oil was being used in the two that you did? I had switched from Valvoline super blue to rotllea dont know if this was a factor or not. Thanks David

both had extremly hard and split gaskets long term heat exposure i guess, dont think oil type is a factor at all but i do recommend rotella with lucas additive ive rebuilt these motors with major milage and this oil diet and still seen factory crosshatch in the cyl. bores so im sold

• Owner

Heck... My 1983 Goldwing GL1100 had crosshatch still at 85K miles when I blew the head gasket and that just standard oil engine oil 10w-30 or 10-40w and honda filters... post-2-138698167253_thumb.jpg All I'm pointing out is that today's engine oil is head and shoulders above yester-year... Just something to consider because there is at least 2 members here with over 500K miles on just standard petroluem oil...