• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck Turning Over Slowly and taking longer to start

Hello everyone,

My 98 12 valve recently started having issues while starting. Here are the symptoms: 1. The truck seems to be turning over way slower than normal. 2. The truck takes significantly longer to start because of the slow crank. I have ruled out the batteries and all the connections seem to be clean and corrosion free. From what I have looked into I believe it is time to replace my starter but I wanted to get some other feedback. This would be my first time replacing my starter, so and advice in the best one to buy or where to get it, or evn a how to would be greatly appreciated.

My only comment would be did you notice anything loose when you took it out? Hopefully you put the bolts back in with some Loctite blue.  The casting should not have cracked unless there was some unusual force or torqued on it from either being loose or possibly the flywheel being loose more likely the starter bolt .