• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000rpm max and no codes.

Here is the test from the factory on the new alt thats getting similar reading from my DVM.  Should have apps in this weekend from the looks on the tracking.  I wish my napa could run a good test but they told me all they can do is pass or fail test and the autozone and o'reillys were the same pass fail and of course the old alt passed those tests fine. 

20190220_180815.jpg

Edited by 2001white

• Owner

TPS should show 0%... Hopefully, you DID NOT adjust for previous voltage. This is NOT REQUIRED on a Timbo's its a matter of getting angle right so the contact is in the IDLE position. 

As you'll see Timbo's APPS is a electronic free APPS sensor and does NOT use voltage for IVS (Ilde Validation Signal). It all about angle of the bellcrank!

Image result for mopar1973man timbos apps

This is IDLE POSITION. 

Related image

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I never did any adjustment with the old sensor. With the timbo I just followed directions and did the relearn process. Idle seems fine about 600-800rpm depending on the temp.

I think maybe my TPS  reading may be  off I found an old thread showing issues with the torque pro app reading wrong for the TPS. So I will run to the parts store tomorrow night and see what their ODB2 read shows. Truck runs great so im guessing its just my scan tool app thats wrong.

Edited by 2001white

alright guess my old edge can watch the TPS we are at 0 at idle like it should be. Trucks running great for the last 3 days. Idle RPM does fall to 750rpm according to my edge tuner when comming to a stop and sitting at a red light in Drive. Codes are all clear now that i have the new speed sensor in and no more odd surging now thay I have the TIMBO app installed. Think we are all set! 

• Like 3