• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seat belt light stays on when belt is buckled

• Staff

I'm assuming that I need to jumper the Black/Green (Ground) with the Sense (Green/Red) wires?

I only see the one connector going to the driver's seat backrest, and that is the 3 wire connector that's under the driver seat center seat area under the seat frame. Is there supposed to be any other electrical connectors?

Edited by 99_Cummins_4x4

• Staff
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Two wires...

I know the cab end is 3 wires but I'm pretty sure that is for power seats.

20190222_090756.jpg

Where is that connector located at exactly? Mine has 3 wires and maybe I'm looking at the wrong one, and it's a Laramie SLT with driver power seat.

Thanks,

Doug

• Owner
6 minutes ago, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

Where is that connector located at exactly?

Right under the driver seat. I'm the mechanical non-electric seat. I do have 3 coming in but this plug is only 2 wires heading for the driver seat belt buckle. 

20190226_200255.jpg

Look like green/red and black/green are the two wires that you would bridge or jumper.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
47 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Right under the driver seat. I'm the mechanical non-electric seat. I do have 3 coming in but this plug is only 2 wires heading for the driver seat belt buckle. 

20190226_200255.jpg

Look like green/red and black/green are the two wires that you would bridge or jumper.

My 99 doesn't have any wiring going to the female socket belt buckle. I only have the 3 wire plug going to the seat belt retractor with the orange/black, green/red, and black/green wires. A while back I tried a jumper wire between the orange/black and black/green wires before, but all it did was lock up my seat belt solenoid. I just tried the jumper between the black/green and green/red wires, but my seat belt light still stays on after it quits flashing. 

• Staff

07ED53F6-8523-4CA6-AE99-E6CDBC960A88.jpeg

B0EB3FE7-294B-4E37-BC37-0287EC896D42.jpeg

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Module under the center seat giving an error maybe by keeping the light on? :shrug:

I’m wondering the same thing. Do I remove the ball bearing that’s inside it? I read on the Cummins forum one member there fixed his that way.

I guess the next thing to do is to verify that the green/red wire has power, and the black/green wire has ground connectivity. 

I guess I should check for ground continuity from pin 6 of the seat belt control module and the ground point below the left rear speaker where the passenger and driver seat solenoids splice together.

seatbelt.jpg

• Staff

I pulled the SCTM out and popped the top off it. It looks completely new inside on the circuit board without any visible damage to it. The ball bearing can move around in it's little plastic cage, so that looks normal to me.

To my knowledge the front seat belt retractors motors are only for energizing the solenoids for the seat belt. If they have something to do with the seat belt light on the dash, then how would the seat belt retractor sense wire know that the seat belt has been pulled out and buckled? Is this the "Green/Red" wire from my plug that is the "sense" wire?

There are no wiring harnesses on the female seat belt receptacles on my 99. How does the SCTM interact with the air bag system? If they are connected, 

I've already installed a brand new Mopar clock spring on the steering column, so that should be fine.

IOD fuse is good, as well as, the seat belt fuse is good.

Just trying to figure out why the seat belt light flashes like normal for it's self check during startup, but then it goes solid and stays on constantly until I turn the key to the off position.

I don't remember what year the diagram in my thread is from, but obviously it doesn't have the (3) wire plug like my Laramie SLT does with the power seat.

My 3 wire plug going from the SCTM to the driver's front seat retractor has these wires;

Orange/Black - assuming that is +

Black/Green - assuming that is -

Green/Red - Is this the sense wire for the seat belt being pulled out?

Thanks!

Edited by 99_Cummins_4x4