• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CACA Bluetooth Stereo

• Owner
9 minutes ago, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

Mike,

How do you wire up the backup camera part of the harness? What does the red wires tap in to that come off the yellow RCA jacks? Like you said, the instructions they provide suck!

There is a separate power lead. Black and red wire. Hook those up to the reverse lights. 

The red pigtails on the video RCA cable does nothing. 

• 5 months later...

I am bummed I bought 2 of them one for the dodge and one for my work truck and they do everything they are supposed to but there is no video image when I go into reverse. The lights on the camera come on but the music does not interrupt. I looked through the menu to find anything to change but do not see anything. It is a real simple hook up yellow vid cable and red and black power. I thought I might have used the wrong yellow on the deck but nope tried both for fun. Any weird menu item anybody has found who bought one of these? Thanks in Advance.

I have it solved now, I sent the question to the seller who then sent me actual pictures of the ports in back and the wiring. I had looked at the drawing that comes with the deck and had concluded that the video port in was the yellow one that was closest to the antenna port, but the images said no it was the opposite so I went out and took the deck out thinking it would be an easy fix (but I had already tried the other port before) hooked it up and yep no go! I thought maybe I got 2 bad cameras so I ordered one online, it came hooked it up yep, no go. Then just for kicks I hooked the orange wire off the deck  (that is not used in the wiring instructions) to the red wire on the rca cable and the other end of the rca at the trailer hitch and bam on comes the camera. So really what messed me up was the orange wire the whole time and the new picture instructions just being wrong just took me farther away from figuring it out.

• 5 months later...

An update to anyone who reads this thread the new version of this radio with the same model number and seller has changed completely inside,  it no longer works with the stock speakers with amp, the first version did but on mine the power button went bad so I ordered another thinking it would just slide right in no wiring changes etc. But nope. If you already have aftermarket speakers it will work out of the box.