• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LED lighting - Exterior lighting

• Owner

Suggestion. Grab a 30 amp aux relay and wire it up to get the trigger from the fog lamp relay. Then wire the light bar through on the relay so when you toggle hi beams the light bars and headlight are in hi beam. Then when you toggle lo beam the light bars are shut down. 

I built this same idea with four 100w spotlights across the front of my truck. 2 bulbs were for lo beam and 2 bulbs were for hi beam. Worked awesome for years.

569422b0e01c2_foglights.gif.58fe68490d00

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You're stuck. There is no LED bulb capable of being used in a factory reflector period.

O.K.  So for the Factory headlights what is the best bulb?  In a bright white? 

Thanks

Michael

Edited by int3man

• Owner
4 minutes ago, int3man said:

O.K.  So for the Factory head lights what is the best bulb?  In a bright white? 

SilverStars are about the best in a halogen. 

Then there are the big ones 100/80w blubs...

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-100-80WTB-Wattage-100-9004/dp/B078SJ19DK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=100%2F80w+9004&qid=1551842762&s=automotive&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Just a Quick Question.  I walked past my truck Monday morning at 3:30 A.M.  and  I noticed that the left  reverse light was on and the truck had been parked for 2 days. When I was shifting the truck on the weekend I noticed that it sounded different.  I was in 4 wheel drive.  So my question is how is the reverse lights controlled?  An adjustable switch?  Or is my linkage have a loose bushing?

Thanks

Michael

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:40 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Auto is a switch near the pan.

Man the reverse switch is near the shift tower.

Thanks have you done a REverse light bulb in L.E.D. ?  I have one that is lit bright with 2 L.E.D.s and another with 20 L.E.D.'s that i can see are barely on.

Thanks

Michael

Edited by int3man

Another stupid question  I just looked and my 2001 has a 3 wire switch, most of the parts houses show a 2 wire.

Is there a manual that shows the difference between the Neutral Safety switch and the Back up light?

So I see a difference of a Vin 6 or a Vin 7?  My Vin is G7 is that what they are talking about?

Michael

Edited by int3man