• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24v ppump swap

Evening all, I've been searching and trying things for awhile now, and still no luck.

Long story..
I have a 99 24v 5.9l that I have swapped to a brand new rebuilt ppump from Scheid diesel, new Crazy Carls kit, with 0.093 lines and DFI SAC 7x0.010 injectors. air dog 4g 165, new sump.

Initially I bought the ppump from a guy that needed to be rebuilt, but i installed the pump and was able to get the truck running.

but then the Rack was sticking so i sent it out.

Since i got it back I haven't been able to get the truck to run,

3 of the new fuel lines weren't seating properly so they were replaced.

I bought a used Airdog 100, but replaced it with a 4g 154, and new Baldwin filters. since the Airdog100 was loud. i figured clogged filters, but when I took the motor apart I

found that the seal was worn and diesel had gotten in and corroded the inside. 

after replacing that it was still loud, and not as quiet as it should be. (1 Problem) I'm guessing theirs still air getting in somewhere. 
I have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up before the Ppump, reading a steady 50 psi

When installing the rebuilt ppump, i set it at Sheid diesels recommended 18 degree pin timing.
Ran the Airdog pump, cracked open the overflow valve fitting on the ppump until the bubbles stopped and steady stream of fluid entered. closed it off, then started cranking the engine 

with the nuts on the head/injector side cracked open (1,3,0 until they were pissing out. closed them off, then would open the others until they sprayed.) at this point im getting a slight mist of smoke. 

then closed those ones off. and would crack open 1,3 again. 

this is as far as it gets

I have 2 batterys, and I've been cranking and cranking. till nothing.
I've changed out the return fuel lines, new fpv and washers.
Ive pressurized the tank to check for leaks, and sprayed all the lines, and still nothing. 

Even the ppump to injectors I've tightened and loosened to try and get a good seal. How could the High pressure side loose prime? 
I don't understand how this could be so difficult.. where else could their be a leak?

Does anyone have a bomb proof fuel line setup? I'm thinking about switching to AN fittings, i hate the stupid banjo bolts.
Sorry for the long post, I'm still new and learning cummins.

I've asked other forums, looked online and I'm still lost. any and all help is greatly appreciated :)

• Like 1