• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Remembering our Lost Heroes Today....

JAG1

• Staff

My Dad, just 35 years old was in a Huey on rescue duty when it was blown up with a shape charge in DaNang Oct 1964. He was covering for a friend who hadn't had a chance to see the latest Movie brought to the base.

Thank you to all Service vets and the families that made the greatest sacrifice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• 4 months later...

I was fortunate enough to hear some war stories from my step-grandfather...only grandfather i ever knew... before he passed. He was a B-25 pilot in WWII. Im 5'4" with my work boots on. I looked down to him but he was the biggest man I've ever met. There will never be another generation like the one we are losing/have lost. These men and women should never be forgotten. WWII, Korea, Vietnam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Gregturley said:

I was fortunate enough to hear some war stories from my step-grandfather...only grandfather i ever knew... before he passed. He was a B-25 pilot in WWII. Im 5'4" with my work boots on. I looked down to him but he was the biggest man I've ever met. There will never be another generation like the one we are losing/have lost. These men and women should never be forgotten. WWII, Korea, Vietnam.

I would have liked to hear those stories too.

When I'm not tired I will tell of a client of mine that was in the battle of Ewa Jima. What happened to his platoon made him so mad that he took revenge in ways you never heard of. Good nite for now.

Edited by JAG1

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I would have liked to hear those stories too.

When I'm not tired I will tell of a client of mine that was in the battle of Ewa Jima. What happened to his platoon made him so mad that he took revenge in ways you never heard of. Good nite for now.

I shared residence with a man with who served with one of the Marine units that invaded Iwo Jima. The things he told me would have been very similar to what you were told also. The only reasons those Marines triumphed over the Japanese was they had to get as dirty and nasty as their opponents were. Pretty grisly stuff. 

As a big reader of WWII  history I would recomend to anyone interested to read With The Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa by Eugene Sledge. The book will put you there with those that had to close with the Japanese. Google him. There are some good documenteries featuring him.

• Thanks 1