• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Easy and cheap. 

Ebay.  Boost / Vacuum manifold for rice rockets. Only thing I would do differently is put the gauge on the input side of the check valve instead of in the manifold.  It’d be nice to see what the engine is producing in real time.  Maybe I’ll just add a second gauge.  $2 eBay.  Right to left..  on the edge obviously is input with a check valve.  Then cruise control with its own dedicated check valve.  Next will be for the 4x4 system.  Further will be for HVAC and finally that hose sneaks through to the vacuum reservoir. 

A7F1E568-2555-4617-9837-225163B7C874.jpeg

I never relayed the latest in this sh*t show.  I took the truck to the local (Merritt Island FL) Dodge dealership service department so I could -

1:  Get the engine correctly timed and the fuel synced. 

2:  Find the cause of sounding like maracas when you accelerate. 

3:  Find out why it wants to overheat. 

...and fix all of the above. 

I dropped it off at 10:00 for a 1pm appointment.  Reasonable I thought.  I showed back up at 3:30 and it had not been touched.   All of a sudden the truck is in the service bay. 

Less than 30 minutes later, the service manager tells me (while doing the ‘wipe your hands on a dirty shop rag’ thing) that everything is good to go.  They fixed the timing, synced fuel and couldn’t see anything that would cause an overheating problem.  Gold star and pat on the back, I’m out the door.  

26 miles down the interstate, the truck sounds like maracas again, doesn’t have any gut... and the radiator self destructs.  Oh. I was towing a darn near empty trailer. 

Mind you, this engine was built with towing in mind and I believe it’s a 258 cam.  

Over $400 in towing charges later, the truck and trailer are back in my yard and I had to rent a uHaul for this road trip. 

Sometimes you're the dog

sometimes you're the hydrant. 

Edited by SailingSanta
Brain dead. Forgot things I should have said.