• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Most issues are related to an aging platform.  Worn our sensors, failing xyz etc etc.  The quadzilla needs good inputs to run well.  more so than other tuners for a 2nd gen because of the on the fly maps creation that happens based on various inputs.  If a map sensor starts to fail on an edge or S03 no one notices because both of those will command %100 duration at 0 psi.   The quad can as well, but the tunes we post do not do this.   We want you to use all your throttle input leaving a light without smoking out the intersection.    

Next biggest issue is the learning curve.  The UDC pro from the smarty touch is normally done via professional tuning and is more complex, however the quad v2 was written so the average joe could tune with it..IF HUGE IF, they are willing to put effort into it.  The edge S03 ez xzt tst ts are all VASTLY simpler to use.  Simpler to use means less control.   I tried to find a happy medium between the two.  That means some guys aren't going to like it and they are going to have issues because they don't want to learn.     

we get around that by trying to document and do videos to help guys out.  I NEVER suggest the tuner to someone who wants a plug and play thing.  If they want to control fueling and timing directly then the quad is for them.   

The quad will NOT make your truck any faster, however with a proper tune it won't be any slower.  the perk is under the curve and no longer needing to drive around your tune.  You don't have to "roll into it" you don't have to worry about rpms / boost / trailer weight etc etc etc before putting your foot into it.  Your tune will control fueling and timing to the point where it won't smoke.  It will build power smoothly and without worry.  

I will say I did back to back runs using diffrent tunes, Tune 1 was %100 smoke free Tune 2 was very much like the edge on 5x5 or the smarty on sw9.   The run with tune #2 felt MUCH stronger, but when I looked at the datalogs from the run there was no actual difference in 0-60.  The butt dyno is a liar.  All it does it tell you when torque comes on, not how much.  Those datalogs are posted in the articles as well.  

and to be clear, I don't feel insulted about it all.  Used to...not anymore :) I don't really care if someone likes it or not all I try to do anymore is show facts and what can be done.   The 2nd gen market was all smoke and mirrors. 

All the tuners do the same thing at the end of the day.  With the other tuners you get a box tune, with the quad you don't.  If you dont like the way your truck runs then %95 of the time it is your own fault.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain more...much clearer to me now.  You broke it down well so it's easy to understand what you are saying.  It's basically a more complex platform meant for more complex tuning by more complex users...I can dig that.  And it seems that the work you have done has made it attainable for more people who might not have otherwise had trouble understanding it...my respects for that.  While I have enjoyed the ease of the "hands off" box tuning I can see how I would also like the personal adjustability of the Quad as well.  Thanks again...good talk! :cheers:

• Like 2

if one takes the time to read what each setting changes does, it isnt hard at all...the end user views were mad to be very simple visually, and adjustments even easier.

i only recall 2, maybe 3 trucks that for what ever reason...just didnt like talking to the quad. but like stated, it can also act a s very informative diagnostic tool, you can literally see sensor failing if you pay attention.

• Like 1