• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crank but no start wiring issue

So I got a 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 24v. Put all new injector lines and vp44 on Saturday. Drove truck all day Sunday while shutting off/ restarting multiple times. Monday rolls around and drive the truck to work, go to leave work 12hrs later and truck won’t start. Have to bleed lines to get it to start. Tuesday morning have to do the same thing. Tuesday evening can’t get the truck to bleed and notice the gauges don’t work and LP won’t turn on by key. Come back Wednesday morning and truck fires right up and everything works. Get codes 1389, 1899, 1492, 1693. Go to leave work later that day and truck fires up and I let it idle for a couple minutes while I do stuff and get in to leave and truck dies and won’t restart. Doing the no LP or gauges thing. Swapped ASD relay already and found pin 85 has 8V while checking for ground and 4V while checking for power. PCM ground checks out ok. Believe it to be the pcm internally shorted. Any input??

On 8/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, IBMobile said:

Does terminal #87 of the ASD relay power up when cranking.  Also check fuse #9 in the junction block.  This fuse powers terminal #86 of the fuel pump relay and connector C1 terminal 2 at the PCM.

Truck has a wiring connection issue somewhere. It fired up Wednesday evening and has been driving like normal since... knock on wood. I can grab the wiring harnesses and wiggle everything and truck won’t act up so I can’t pinpoint it