• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ford 2.2 engine

wil440

son has just decided to go on his own groundworking maybe 2 months ago, he bought a 2013 Peugeot Boxer 3.5 tonne tipper, this cleared him out on his savings

last wednesday on comes a warning....." engine oil pressure insufficient" so he moves it 100 yards off the job and checks engine oil, then on seeing it ok moves it 10ft again then the damn rattle

Gets it towed and the garage quotes him £1000 to change the oil pump with no guarantee it will be ok or £9K for a engine

So he calls me...... he knows I'm busy all the time, I call several engine reconditioners who say £2600 fitted so  towed to mine, after work this morning I spend ONE hour taking the sump off and a further 1/2 hour taking the pump off.... I have never seen a bigger POS oil pump in my 40 odd years in the trade, it's a vane pump with what appears to be fixed STEEL vanes, will strip the pump further tomorrow,  well it's sh~~ it's self big time, pump is chain driven off of the crank with the drive gear  behind the camshaft chain, it is a Ford engine and whoever decided to drive it behind the cam chain wants shooting especially as you wouldn't use this pump to pump stuff around a fish tank never mind a motor, you can get the pump off no problem but I don't think it would take a deal to break the chain, luckily this chain is ok

Looks like he's been lucky so I'm at £150 to fit a new oil pump, new sump cos that was near on welded on and oil.

I did ask one of the "people" who contacted me after the recon engine internet form filling as to whether it had a girdle and she said "NO and I should know I worked for Peugeot for 15 years"

well guess what it does and I guessed as much as Ford seem to be cheapening out on the block among other parts and then girdling it so no main caps

This engine is fitted to Ford transits, Peugeot Boxers, Fiats, Landrover Defenders at least here, Ford have a recall, no one else has here, what a POS, worth noting that the 2.2 ford is oil pump disaster, maybe you guys don't get it as too small ???

• Sad 1