• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

97 Auto 2500 Wiring Issues, No Cluster

So we acquired a 97 Auto at the beginning of this month and it's got a couple problems, one of which is it has absolutely no cluster. The good ole Okie that owned it before me had a BD Torq Shift box (or something to that effect) on it that started messing up, so he started cutting wires to cut it out and it completely killed all the lights on the dash. So if anyone knows which wires are responsible and can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated!

I'd look through a 97 wiring diagram if I could find one, but the BD box doesn't give pin-outs or anything, just wire colors and doesn't even tell me where the torque converter wire is either, just the color.

The PCM wire responsible for the VSS was cut in half and spliced into a wire to the shift box, and when he removed the box he just cut the wire used to split into the box, but theoretically they'd still be touching so if there are a series of wires responsible for the cluster to work, anyone know which one those are?

Have to tried calling BD? I had a talk with BD several years ago about a tech issue on an older exhaust brake.  Ended up talking with kid or grandkid.  He was very helpful. 

By the way...Also remember getting charges on my phone bill because he was in Canada.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 11:46 PM, 015point9 said:

Have to tried calling BD? I had a talk with BD several years ago about a tech issue on an older exhaust brake.  Ended up talking with kid or grandkid.  He was very helpful. 

By the way...Also remember getting charges on my phone bill because he was in Canada.  

Sorry this reply is so late, didn't get an email saying anyone responded! I've thought about calling them, but the sticker on the box is so rotted and weathered I have no idea what year it was made or the exact part number, and with my luck with customer service, they wouldn't want to touch the situation or not know how to fix it. I shall give it a try however, thank you!