• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ECM repaired plug and drive?

I'm new to the site and wanted to say thanks in advance for any help given.  I had a shop diagnose my trucks issues, and they said its got a bad ecm "2002 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins six speed". 
I decided have my ecm sent in for repair. My Chilton repair manual doesn't mention anything special on the reinstall. They did talked  about grounding your self to the vehicle and using a anti-static pad. I don't have a pad.  It sounds like plug in and drive. Let me know if i'm wrong.  

Edited by Elk247366

Was anyone able to determine what caused the ECM to fail and who rebuilt it? Warranty issues seem to be the big thing with ECM's these days.

When I installed mine thats what I did, plug and play. I did not know any better. Grounding yourself is a good idea. Seems the only time I get electrostatic shock on my truck is in the winter time.

First off, after rereading your original post, the Chiltons manual lacks a lot to be desired. There is a factory service manual available for dowmload here. I do think you have to be a member to download though. That in itself is worth the cost.

Second, what makes you think the ECM is bad? They can be pricey to fix and there a lot of rebuilders out there who dont have clue as to what they are doing.

6 minutes ago, dripley said:

First off, after rereading your original post, the Chiltons manual lacks a lot to be desired. There is a factory service manual available for dowmload here. I do think you have to be a member to download though. That in itself is worth the cost.

Second, what makes you think the ECM is bad? They can be pricey to fix and there a lot of rebuilders out there who dont have clue as to what they are doing.

The ecm has what it needs going into it.  But Ecm is not communicating correctly going out of it.