• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

I have read about aftermarket clutches not being as smooth or variable on their engagement, so they seem  like the run more. They also don't seem to last as long. 

Personally I would stick with an OEM fan clutch. 

Why do you think it's bad?

Over heating with the fan running would worry me. Maybe something is clogged and not allowing either good water or air flow? I know the 2nd gens are prone to the radiator clogging from the crank case breather. But dont know enough about the 4th gens to offer any advice.

this is a 4th gen 6.7 I have talk to mechanic and was told the it may run because it has the oil in it . but I never hear of feel it fully engage when the temp is up. and my fuel mileage has dropped 2mpgs which is another system of a bad clutch. the radiator is clean and was flushed last summer. this has led  me to the clutch  

Fan's that run too much or too little should throw a code, so go over your symptoms some more. 

How do you know it's running all the time? Does it vary rpm?

Describe the overheating.