• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Good afternoon everyone,

Got a few questions.  Last year April 2019 I installed DAP 100hp injectors and noticed what I thought maybe an odd low knocking noise at idle.   My truck is the only cummins diesel I've owned and I'm no pro at knowing diesels.  As the year went on the sound seems to have gotten more noticeable.  Below are two videos.  Do you guys think it's an injector knock or something worse?  Engine load per Quadzilla is around 10% at idle with rpms around 800. Fuel pressure is steady at 15-16psi. Let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks,

Tim

5 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Crack open the injector lines one at a time.  When you get to the offending cylinder the noise should go away.   

Thanks Ill give it a try hopefully tomorrow or monday evening.  I have my old injectors, I may send them out to DAP and get rebuilt as a back up set.

Tim