• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok here is my dilemma my truck had just turned 100,000k. I have been having trouble with the ABS when I go to pull in to a parking spot or roll up to a stop sign my brake pedal push back hard and I can’t stop. I was told it may be a sensor, my mechanic said it also could be ball joints or bearings too. I have had it disconnected the ABS for a long time.

Now I need to put in ball joints, they are real bad, Should I just change out the hub too. I don’t have the extra money for this. Or should I just do the ball joints and see what happens. I guess my question is how long can you go on stock wheel bearing? The Hubs do come with an ABS sensor right?

Thanks for your input

Eric

Ps what’s the adjustable ball joints for?

if your hub bearings are not showing signs of slack i would say leave them alone if money is tight. adjustable ball joints are for alignment adjustments on modified suspensions, if your stock then stock will do. yes the hub usually comes with wheel sensor.

• Owner

Apparently the ABS system is still working... This is typical of when the front sensor(s) fail and come to a stop and the ABS system assumes your already locked up the nose so it blocks the brake fluid travel to prevent further skidding which it can't so full stoppage of the flow occurs till the system throws a code and lights the ABS light and then the ABS system is disabled.

So to tell you the truth the safest thing you can do is just replace the 2 front sensors and the 1 rear sensor and re-enable the system.

I just went through the ABS sensor thing. It was bad wheel bearings. Found out the hard way on the side of the road in Wyoming on the way back to MI. Jack the front up and check for excessive play in the hub, and or bearing noise from the hub. Once the bearing was replaced ABS was fine. (bearing came with new sensor as well).

Well guess I have my answer. I will replace the wheel bearing.

Just the sensor cost 148$ or so and the bearing(225$) comes with a sensor.

Why replace just the sensor and a year or so replace the bearing that comes with a sensor.

anyone use summit's

Auto Extra 379-515063 -Wheel Hub and Bearing Assemblies?

thanks for the input.