• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Any Ideas

Any one got an Idea was this could be? I hoping it's not anti-freeze. The truck sat for about 60 days without being started, it starts to burn off at about 400*F  hoping its oil from cylinders from sitting.

20200215_152216[1].jpg

Edited by Blueox01

I just backed it out of my shop and let it idle for a while just to circulate fuel. Had the exhaust brake on for a bit when I first started it, that was a week ago. Today I started it up again after idling for about 20 mins I turned on exhaust brake to see if it would burn off.

Edited by Blueox01

Well when it was burning off I tried to smell what it was couldn't but it was white smoke, hoping just some oil leaked past valves guide when it was real cold. I'll just keep an eye on it.  Thx for the input.

Edited by Blueox01

1 minute ago, IBMobile said:

I've seen that in older Volvos at the flange between the exhaust manifold and tubo

when first started; there was no head gasket or oil sealing problems.  Condensation being blown out. 

Except it doesn't evaporate

8 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Does it do it after sitting over night or just that one time after 60 days of none use?

It dd it during idling after sitting for 60 days, and didn't evaporate after a week, then yesterday after I idled for a while then I turned on exhaust brake to raise EGT and it burned off, white smoke.

I had same thing happen between manifold and head on last cylinder, that was when I discovered my exhaust valve seals blew off the guides and got smashed by retainers. I know it also means my gasket is not sealed. It been fine since I put new seals on.

At that time I was blowing smoke on start ups too

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I had same thing happen between manifold and head on last cylinder, that was when I discovered my exhaust valve seals blew off the guides and got smashed by retainers. I know it also means my gasket is not sealed. It been fine since I put new seals on.

At that time I was blowing smoke on start ups too

I hope that's not the deal. Doesn't blow smoke on start up, Head was done 40k ago. Idling it again today, see what it does.

10 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Your gasket is definitely leaking, I'm thinking maybe exhaust oil seal on turbo?

Yea, I have a new gasket to put on when I swap my HE351 on, I was thinking the same, oil from turbo. I just rebuilt that Turbo about 40K ago, that's depressing that its leaking.

1 hour ago, Blueox01 said:

Yea, I have a new gasket to put on when I swap my HE351 on, I was thinking the same, oil from turbo. I just rebuilt that Turbo about 40K ago, that's depressing that its leaking.

If that's what it is, then it's a good thing. Something that is easy to fix or change like you're going to. Instead of tearing in to the engine. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

If that's what it is, then it's a good thing. Something that is easy to fix or change like you're going to. Instead of tearing in to the engine. 

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yep, That true! I've got my new "Genuine Chinese" Holset HE351W to install any way.

• Haha 3