• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Abs nightmare

7 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

ModuleMaster told me that they found its a 50/50 chance that dodge will work with aftermarket wheelhubs/sensors, they recommend only getting factory parts for this matter. Something to do with all these frequencies that don't match exactly for what dodge wants to see. 

My brand new timken hubs are showing random signal loss, I thought that was my problem until I saw a code for rear sensor, weird thing about the rear sensor snap on said it was bad but it was reading better then the front and not dropping signal. 

You can ohm your wires from module all the way to sensors. Unplug sensor and module sides, put paper clip in sensor side and use ohm meter on module plug and see if you get 0.00 or as close as possible to that. More resistance = loss of continuity in wiring.

Yea that's going to be the plan. Just hate disassembling everything down to the bearing for the 4th time. Its getting old

• Owner

My case the tone wheel broke loose from the bearing and free spinning. So below 30 MPH it shows ZERO speed in one hub above 30 MPH it showed correct speed. No amount of ohm testing and wiring test will fix this. You just have to replace both bearings with sensors to be right. 

I rebuilt the module at Module masters, ohm every wire, replace the front sensors 3 times for lots of money. The replaced the rear speed sensor. Still didn't fix... Replace both front unit bearings with sensors problem gone.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My case the tone wheel broke loose from the bearing and free spinning. So below 30 MPH it shows ZERO speed in one hub above 30 MPH it showed correct speed. No amount of ohm testing and wiring test will fix this. You just have to replace both bearings with sensors to be right. 

I rebuilt the module at Module masters, ohm every wire, replace the front sensors 3 times for lots of money. The replaced the rear speed sensor. Still didn't fix... Replace both front unit bearings with sensors problem gone.

But these are new bearings. I can you inspect the tone ring without removing the bearing?