• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Abs nightmare

So I've had my abs light on for over a year now. I replaced the front wheel sensors, the rear speed sensor and the wheel bearings.

I gave up and took it to the dealer and they determined that the module was bad, so I sent it into sia electronics to have it repaired. Installed the rebuilt module in the truck and I still have the light.

I'm too deep to give up now but what other variable could be causing this?

Mine was on for a few months. Replaced the front bearings and the rear sensor and the lights stayed on like yours. Then about 2 months later the lights went off. That was couple years ago and the brakes have worked fine sine. But it is still a mystery to me as to what fixed it. 

25 minutes ago, dripley said:

But it is still a mystery to me as to what fixed it. 

Bulb burnt out :poke:

46 minutes ago, Rotket said:

I'm too deep to give up now but what other variable could be causing this?

Have you ohmed the wires from sensors to abs module. Unplug from sensors and module, paper clip in one end, then see if you get as close to 0.00 as possible, OL or hight resistance means broken wire. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Every time you turn the key off and back on the ABS computer reboots and checks the status of the ABS sensors. As soon as I fixed the problem on my truck it reset the light in less than 100 feet. 

When my front wheel bearings went out many years ago and I replaced them, mine did the same as yours. But this last time 2 years ago it did not after replacing the bearings and rear sensor. The lights just went off about 2 months later.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:54 AM, Rotket said:

Should I get a scanner that can reset abs codes and see if it comes back?

Be a good idea, and see if you can do a live data too while driving. 

Although when I scanned mine, snap on said front passenger side is dropping signal and rear sensor was functioning fine, but in codes it said rear sensor was bad. May want to try another rear sensor you could of got a bad new one. 20191114_160550.jpg.76b50479f24110fcac97529446619671.jpg

Edited by Dieselfuture
Stupid autocorrect

I have some bad news... the abs light came back on...

It was fine for a week driving back and forth 2 hours a day, then i started it today and the abs light came on as i was pulling away.

Does anyone have any experience in code readers that will read abs on these trucks? My 300 dollar autel abs scanner wont do it. I really dont want to take it to the dealer again so they can spend 2 minutes reading a code for 100 dollars.

I know that the chrysler tru star scanner would for sure work, but anything in the price range for a diyer?

On 3/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, Rotket said:

Update:

After a few days with the repaired abs module, the light went away. One more thing off the list

Where did you get the abs module repaired. Mine needs repair. Also I have heard you can still buy new module from dodge anyone know if thats true.

Another update:

Borrowed a friends 3000 dollar snap on reader. This thing was incredible, could even shut off my injectors one by one, which I didn't even think was possible on our trucks. Any who.

Reader showed that there was no signal going to the left front wheel sensor, and showed no mph reading on that wheel. Keep in mind all of the sensors are new, but i supposed it was possible that i had a bad one out of the box.

Replaced the sensor and I'm still not getting signal to it. The tone ring looks good on the new bearing, so I'm guessing that the connector going from the module to the sensor has a short in it.

I'm going to investigate more later. The nightmare continues.

19 minutes ago, Rotket said:

Replaced the sensor and I'm still not getting signal to it. The tone ring looks good on the new bearing, so I'm guessing that the connector going from the module to the sensor has a short in it.

I'm going to investigate more later. The nightmare continues.

ModuleMaster told me that they found its a 50/50 chance that dodge will work with aftermarket wheelhubs/sensors, they recommend only getting factory parts for this matter. Something to do with all these frequencies that don't match exactly for what dodge wants to see. 

My brand new timken hubs are showing random signal loss, I thought that was my problem until I saw a code for rear sensor, weird thing about the rear sensor snap on said it was bad but it was reading better then the front and not dropping signal. 

You can ohm your wires from module all the way to sensors. Unplug sensor and module sides, put paper clip in sensor side and use ohm meter on module plug and see if you get 0.00 or as close as possible to that. More resistance = loss of continuity in wiring.