• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hy35 to hx35 swap

Today i swapped my hy35 for a hx35. With the hy i was getting 27-28 psi max boost. After the hx35 swap I'm barely hitting 20 psi. I have a restricted boost fitting in it. No other changes were made to the truck. Does this seem about right or does the boost sound low? Ran out of time for any other checks today.

• Staff

That's to low, that is stock pressure with factory elbow.  When I installed a boost elbow that came with the Edge EZ the turbo developed 24PSI max, with an adjustable boost controller max turbo output is 30PSI.   Try clamping the pressure hose to the waste gate and see if there is an increase in pressure.