• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Built 47re trans price

Hey guys looking for some opinions, so I’m looking to upgrade my 47re in the near future and have done a fair bit of research and was going to buy a full rebuild kit from rev max but due to lack of time I’m considering buying pre built with a warranty. So I got a quote from my local mechanic (who I personally know) and who has a trans builder in southern Ontario Canada who quoted me at 4700$ Canadian for a heavy hauler rated for 450hp and a 3 year 150,000km warranty, I will never exceed 350hp with my build so I am happy with that rating i’m just trying to see if this seems like a relatively fair price? I would order one from the states but shipping and exchange kinda kill that for me. Any advice and insight is greatly appreciated. 

Yes of course, he will be calling back when he gets a chance so I will have a full build list

Also I should mention if I go this route my mechanic will cut me a break on R&R labour and let me help him with the job 

You should be able to get a pretty nice package for that price, but make sure that's what you're getting. If someone is just installing someone else's "kit", then I would move on.

Just for reference, our Stage 2 package runs right at $4000 (US), and comes with a flex plate, triple disc converter, deep aluminum pan, and a custom built valve body.

• Like 1

I’m going to keep looking around to see what else I can come across but I am wondering if going with a fully built trans would be completely necessary for what I’m looking to build my truck to, currently it is bone stock and the trans has 280,000km on it, Truck shifts very nice and smooth currently. I’ve owned the truck for 30k and the only previous owner was in his 80s and owned the truck from new stated it rarely towed and was never abused. It’s my daily driver and besides that will tow my 16’ boat and 14’ atv trailer and about 6 times a years haul 2 cords of hardwood but that’s it. Over the summer I plan to add a box and injectors but won’t be going over 350hp and keeping stock turbo, so basically my question is I plan to keep this truck as long as I’m able to, I just want to add more power for when it’s need, won’t be doing any burnouts and want something reliable. Also Iand don’t want to have to put money into the tranny more then once but would I be okay if I just upgraded the tc, vb and whatever else I can do on a “budget” ? Obviously my safest bet would be pony up and spend the big dollars on a complete trans but it’s a tough decision. Sorry it’s such a long reply I’m just having a hard time deciding my best route 

Edited by Josh200124v

A transmission of that caliber is not really all that "built". It's a package that goes through and addresses the glaring shortcomings of the factory setup, but without the billet shafts, servos, etc. It would be the minimum I would recommend doing if you're going to bother doing anything, honestly.

• Thanks 1