• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1990 Chevy 1500 - Dead A/C?

• Owner

This thread is for Flman more so.. But all help is welcomed! But I just had a customer show up with a cycling A/C compressor showing the signs of low freon but got my manifold hook up and... (Here's where its gets weird!) The low side is cycling at 100-120 PSI rising at the same time with the high side at 100-120 PSI. So as the clutch locks it rises together to 120 and cuts out. I just want to verify I'm looking at a dead compressor. :shrug:

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Yeah we did... It came down to pulling the compressor and looking and it had "Black Death" the guts of the compressor where starting to fail. So we called around and ask for the A/C flush... :wow::lmao2::lmao: What we found out is NAPA seel the flush but you'd need about $300 worth to clean the system properly. So we ask what it would cost to replace the entire system which turn out to be close to $360 bucks so we ask the owner what he wanted to do... Put a replacement pulley in and omit the A/C completely... $35 bucks... (Smart thinking!)