• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

alternator questions

so i was reading this (because i heard that ac noise is bad for ecms) and i was wondering if it would hurt my replacement ecm to crank my truck to check my VAC, and how much diesel i would need to run it to do that, because my fuel sending sending situation is FU*KERD and i don't know when i can get the right parts in, but i can pull fuel out of a jug, just don't want to fight to get a 5 gal bucket, when all i need is a gal. ( also i 

dodge.png

AC voltage doesn't immediately kill it.  so you could wait.

Or take the alternator to have it checked.  Rebuild shops don't normally check for AC but ask them to do it.

If you return the fuel to the jug you can run a long time on a couple gallons.  If you run from the jug but return to the tank it will disappear quickly.  I drove less than 3 miles on 5 gallons on a jug as supply, but return still connected to tank. (the return flow is significant)

GL  HTH

Hag