• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cranks wont start P0121 p0236 p0216 p0577 p1693

Just got the truck about a week ago.

I will refrain from the steering issues I've had

I washed the engine 2 days ago since there was diesel all over (line blew off on way home from purchase) and I like a clean engine compartment. I opted to use a hose with wand power nozzle over a power washer which I use on all my other trucks because I noticed hack electrical work and wanted to avoid any shorting out of components. Well, now I have a cranks but no start condition 

It started one time for about 15 seconds then died. 

Did the key on key off deal which revealed the following codes

Pcu

P1693

Ecu

P0236

P0216

P0121

P0236

P0577

I then decided to do a more thoroughjob of cleaning to uncover any potential suspect main grounding issues on the engine

I disconnected plugs and cleaned them with electronic cleaner then applied dielectric grease, reinstalled them. 

Truck still doesn't start.

Being there are so many codes I'm hoping there is a common connector, ground or power related to all the codes.

I just got through installing the upgraded k style steering, bilstien stabilizer and sway bar components as I experienced tremendous death wobble on my way home. The previous owner told me not to speed while I was test driving it even though I was actually driving under the speed limit. Now it makes sense he was trying to hide the death wobble issues but I'm not sure if he was also trying to hide a greater issue. I'd appreciate any help as I bought this truck for reliable transportation to work.

Aftermarket electronics I know of are listed in the signature 

Check your codes here, pick one and run through the diagnostics, you will need a voltmeter.   https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/obdii-error-codes_94/

Have you checked for water/corrosion at the ECU (drivers side of the block at the rear ish ),  PCM  (passenger side firewall) and VP44 (injection pump at drivers side front)

I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't put so much as a teaspoon of water under the hood except to top up coolant