• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Po1690 with no noticable issues

Seems like after a drive I tend to trigger a po1690. I have no noticable issues. I changed out my cam position sensor in case my old one was bad it didnt seem to change anything. New one still popping a cell light. I have a 2001 24v so no crank position sensor on my truck. Truck runs fine with or without the cel just not sure what to do to get it to go away. Fuel pressure is 16psi with an air dog. 

Edited by 2001white

2 hours ago, dripley said:

I have checked things up tell the check the timing. I can't find any info on this does anyone have any details on this part? 

Also step 7 I'm not sure how that one works I have no reading for ohms reading. Not sure how you would if both connectors are unplugged

Edited by 2001white

3 hours ago, 2001white said:

I did see in the past some folks blamed the Vp44 as the issue but I can't find any good testing procedure to confirm that or not. I plan to try to reset my APPS just in case. 

There is some very good vp44 trouble shooting info on Blue Chip Diesel's web site. I am not very good on the electronic end of things.

Confirmed my apps was still in spec its a TIMBO apps. Yeah blue chip didn't have much for ideas on there site. Seems normally when folks have a 1690 they have another code with it like a 336. Mine is always just a 1690.

• 4 weeks later...

Figured I would follow up for anyone else having an issue like this. I found that my battery terminal was clean but the whole inside of the positive wire was crusted in blue and white after i removed it from the clamp that holds the wire to the terminal(pass side). I took some vice grips and broke down the mess. Whole wire was solid like a rock. Once I got everything cleaned up and all the deposits off I have not seen a check engine light. I have towed about 400 miles since the cleaning and have had no cel come back! 

Happy ro see you have found the issue. If you have one cable in that shape you should check them all. Might even be time for new ones. These trucks can get a bit unruly with those kind of electrical issues as you just found out.

21 minutes ago, dripley said:

. If you have one cable in that shape you should check them all. 

Wondering...

Is there any useful elec test, maybe with volt meter  or something to determine if wire is not up to par...beyond visually looking for corrosion?