• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I believe it’s a grounding issue

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 cummins auto the driver side fender was junk so the guy I bought it off had ordered a bunch of new parts which it came with a new fender I pulled the old fender off and put the new one after I got everything back together I started it it was running fine I hit the brakes it shuts off and if I turn the head lights on it shuts off was wondering if it could be a ground issue or something any feed back will help thanks in advanced 

• Owner

Just another note here... Nothing should be tied to the battery terminals the only one exception is grid heater power supply. Nothing else should be tied to the batteries directly. No lift pump, no nothing. Those should all go into the PDC on the BATT terminal. No grounds are bolted to battery terminals either unless on exception is the W-T ground wire mod if you build the extra ground lead from the drive side battery to the bolt on the gear case (optional).