• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buyer Beware!

elshadow001

Well I had recently sent email to the armorall company asking if their product would make my dash crack. They answered and told me no.So like a stupid moron I accepted what they said. Now one week later I walk out and my dash is broke all the way from the window to the front of the dash.So I listend to a bunch of liars. Now my dash is a eyesore. I wonder if a dash replacement is available, and how much it would cost. HMmmmm!

• Owner

Ummm... I've been using ArmorAll protectant for years on my 2 Dodge's which is a 1996 and 2002 neither dash has cracked yet. The key feature to how long your dash is going to last is how little the dash is exposed to direct sunlight. So I hate to say it but I don't think ArmorAll made a poor claim I think its about the material that Dodge used for producing the dash in the first place... http://www.dodgeproblems.com/problems/cracked-dashboard.shtml Not uncommon... http://www.google.com/search?q=dodge+dash+cracking+TSB&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If the previous owner left it in the sun then it was only a matter of time. They get so brittle that just wiping it off probably cracked it. Mine cracked a tiny bit when I took the dash out but I am a little better off since it is brown rather than black, so the sun doesn't soak into it as much. Best thing to do is fix it then get some kind of dash mat, or put up a sunshade if it is ever in the sun.

my dash had a few cracks in it when i purchased the truck. over the course of 3 yrs the cracks have become much larger and many more. the dang thing would rattle and creek driving down the highway. nothing some black duct tape couldn't cure. supposedly there is a company that gives a lifetime guarantee that their dash won't crack. anybody know who?

Well at least I know I am not alone. Thanks for the information.The cracks hurt! my baby is getting old like me Boo HOooo!Well I ordered a dash cover late yeah I know, and I hope it doesn't look like a cheap wig on a poor mans head. You know the ones that look like a shag hair dooo.supposed to resembe brushed suede leather. Hope they don't mean like brushed up against a rough wall.:lmao:

I don't know what is worse, the sun or the cold. Southern people get the heat and a lot of sun so that would soak in and make them brittle, but coldness does the same thing, though it doesn't do anything unless you touch the dash while it's still cold. My center console cracked a whole bunch last winter because I stuck my elbow into it at 0F. Wait your truck is in the garage Mike! Leave it out for all of it's life then touch the dash :lol:

• Owner

Now Mom's 96 was out since 2002 and still good it only this spring I finally kicked the 79 Dodge magnum XE out of the garage and stuck her truck in. Now on her truck the paint is going south completely since last winter it been peeling off the hood and top like gang busters. :cry: So I didn't get the dash yet but the paint is gone south for sure...:rolleyes: Mine... well its had a pampered life of being in the garage or parked under huge shade trees and kept out of the direct sunlight. Just last year I got a sunshade to put in the windshield to keep the baking summer sun off the dash...