• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On my 2002 dodge diesel while swapping out my power steering fluid to synthetic today I noticed that 4 of the 7 blades on my fan clutch were cracked. Then while checking that out I noticed that the whole unit has some wobble to it where the belt goes around it. The clutch part has resistance when turning the fan either way so I'm thinking that may not be bad, but the rest of it has me concerned. So I'm wondering do you just replace the blades and I'm guessing a bearing on the pulley part that the belt goes around or do you buy the whole thing as a complete unit. Thanks Dwayne

• 2 weeks later...

Ok........... Long story here. I had to order the cooling fan blade from the Dodge dealer $87.03 I went to the local Applied Industrial dealer (bearing distributor) about the bearing. The original bearing was a NSK #BD35-12DU and they didn't have it. The sales clerk checked with the manufacturer and came back and said that they were not going to make that particular bearing the rest of this year. Fortunately I had a cross number from the internet NTN #DF07766LLUACS32 he checked on this number and said he could have the next day $79.31 Dumb mistake, but when I had the bearing and the thing that the belt pulley bolts to pressed out of the bearing housing I didn't take any measurements. But I knew that the bearing was flush with the outside edge of the housing facing the front toward the radiator. So depending on how deep the bearing was pressed into the bearing housing it could/would throw off how the belt pulley would line up when bolted back on and the belt would not ride straight. Anyway Mine worked out. I also found the same bearing afterwords while doing some checking online at this link. I didn't get mine their and don't know how reputable they are but the same bearing was considerably cheaper $33.03 http://www.finditparts.com/products/ntn-df0766lluacs32-slash-5c?phid=1